1. Which British explorer was murdered by natives in Hawaii?
2. It was a former Portuguese colony and was returned to China on December 20, 1999. Can you name it?
3. Which Egyptian city was founded by Alexander the Great?
4. Which invention is said to have marked the end of the Prehistoric Age?
5. What travelled from the hands of Nadir Shah to Ahmed Shah Abdali to Ranjit Singh and eventually to Queen Victoria and the British Royal Family?
6. In which present-day country was the Battle of Waterloo fought?
7. The ruler of which country is the 125th in his line, ,making him a member of the oldest ruling family in the world?
8. Which city started the first underground metro railway service in 1863?
9. Which famous American has the most number of cities, towns, universities, rivers and streets named after him?
10. Which explorer, born in Portugal in 1480, was the first European to cross the Pacific Ocean but did not manage to circumnavigate the globe? — Rehan Jalal Answers:
1. Captain Cook
5. The Kohinoor diamond
7. King Akihito of Japan. He became the emperor of Japan in 1989, and, according to tradition, is the 125th descendant of Jimmu, Japan’s legendary first emperor.
9. George Washington
10. Ferdinand Magellan. He led a voyage that achieved the first circumnavigation of the globe in 1522. However, he personally did not achieve this feat as he was killed in the Philippines during the journey.